Productivity Quality Inc. (PQI) is looking for a smart, confident, technician who likes to travel. Do you like challenges? Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an industry-leading company that offers competitive pay, travel, and great benefits? Do you like being the smartest guy or gal in the room?
If that sounds like you, we need to talk. We’re looking for someone like you to join our applications/field service support team. We provide experiential training and education—we don’t expect you to know everything on day one!
What we expect of you:
You will provide on-site installation and integration, software training, troubleshooting, machine calibration, and measurement product support on InspecVision products at our client sites. You will also be providing demonstrations both online and in person to potential customers. Analyze and run samples from customers for feasibility. This is a full-time position—Monday through Friday. You’ll be traveling 70% of the time during the business week.
As the applications / service technician, you will ultimately be responsible for getting the job done accurately and ensuring the customer is satisfied. On-going training will be available for the new team member stepping into this exciting position.
PQI will stand behind you with a professional team to provide you with all the support you need. We value our customers and we expect our technicians to maintain those invaluable relationships. Our corporate culture is employee and customer-centric at its core.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in the field:
- Perform installations of InspecVision systems at customer locations
- Install and configure software in customer machine tools—troubleshoot and correct any functional issues when necessary.
- Train customer personnel on the use of the system.
- Ensure that customer needs and expectations are met in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Perform online and in person demonstrations of the technology
- Provide customer support to troubleshoot issues
- Analyze and run parts sent in by customers for feasibility and time studies
- Other duties as assigned
These are the personal skills and traits we’re looking for:
- Good character, flexible, positive, adaptable, problem solver
- Open to learning new technologies and skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills for identifying and solving problems on-site at our client facilities
- Ability to use computer and software tools efficiently (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Math measurement skills—English and Metric
- Attention to detail, methodical, and well organized
- Regular and consistent attendance
Here’s why you should consider joining the PQI team:
- Your job will never be outsourced or offshored
- Work with the best team in the industry
- We provide experiential training and education
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Excellent work-lifestyle benefits (PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, etc.)
- 70% travel during the business week only
Who is Productivity Quality, Inc?
Productivity Quality, Inc.(PQI) is the Upper Midwest distributor for many of the best-known names in Metrology – Hexagon, Optical Gaging Products, Renishaw, Heidenhain, Mahr, and Mitutoyo. The products sold range from CMMs and video measurement systems to hand measurement tools and hard gaging. In addition, Productivity Quality, Inc. offers calibration, inspection, training, and consulting services for measurement systems, gaging and machine tools. Our subsidiary, Advanced Inspection Services (AIS), is the leading contract dimensional inspection service in the area with customers nationwide. PQI and AIS are both ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
The safety of our employees and the needs of our customers are paramount as we strive to support our business community from a safe and healthy operating environment. We follow the CDC guidance regarding COVID-19.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Productivity Quality, Inc. Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Please… No Recruiters, Telephone Inquiries or Employment Agencies… Thank You!